Monday, May 10, 2010

European Open Scrabble Championship Malta 2010 Day 2)

Day 2 was without doubt Mihai`s day. The win against Helen, really pleased me. I remember Mihai started his WSC campaign with a win against Helen, one of the best scrabble players in the world.Mihai also beat the UK National Champion en titre, Craig Beevers, and lost to Theresa Brousson, even though he scored 443 points. Dan lost most of the tough games today, and won the "easy ones". We all know that there are no easy games in Scrabble. Luck has its 30% contribution.Dan also beat David Delicata, the favourite of the home crowd. Both Mihai and Dan are on 9 wins and 8 losses, which is really not bad at all. It pleases me to see that with a bit of luck, we can beat anybody in the world, when 5 years ago we couldn`t hurt a fly!
Cata is doing well in the B division and I really think he can finish second if he focuses enough.He had an amazing find, any of the A division players would be proud of: HEXEREI, which means witchcraft. Good luck to the 3 musketeers for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Mihai is making a habit of beating me - thanks fot pointing it out. You have redeemed yourself with your continuation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you know what I meant:)) It`s good to see my Romanian mates get to a level where they can take some scalps now and then:)) By the way, I know you were aiming for 1st place, but 2nd is not bad at all, if you ask me. Congrats, Helen!

    ReplyDelete