Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Perfect Rainbow


As some of you probably know (even my parents in Romania do and they called me last night, as they usually do when some catastrophe is announced anywhere in Japan), last night Kansai was hit by Typhoon No. 18. A real natural disaster which produced incredible damage, like rattling our shutters for about two hours and opening our garden gate. This morning, our friends' temple across the street was gone, taken by the wind to... wait, that was Dorothy's house. Actually, the only real damage the typhoon caused was that it destroyed my plans of spending an unplanned holiday at home, waking up late (or at least later than 5:30 in the morning) and cooking a nice breakfast for my husband. Who's been so neglected lately that he even started drinking my Earl Grey leftovers, the tea which smells like soap, he says, for lack of something better. But it wasn't meant to be. I woke up, called the train company and an employee cheerfully announced that the trains were running according to schedule. The good thing is that today I saw the perfect rainbow. Here it is, although the quality of the photo (taken with my cell phone, from a fifth floor window) is not the best. Doshisha University, Kyoto presents the Perfect Rainbow!

1 comment:

  1. Some other words ending in a protocolar bow...
    1. FOGBOW+S = a nebulous arc of light sometimes seen in fog
    2. SUNBOW+S = an arc of spectral colours formed by the sun through mist
    3. MISTBOW+S = a fogbow
    4. MOONBOW+S = a rainbow formed by light from the moon
    5.RAINBOW+S,Y = see the bad photo my wife took this morning:)

    ReplyDelete