Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pick Up Lines for Scrabble Players

Writing this post makes me think about “Mary Poppins” and supercalifragilistic, the scene where the little old man says: “I once said it to a girl… [Bang! Heavy metal instrument clashes with his head. The tender gesture comes from his wife, who is twice as big as him, vertically and horizontally.]… and what a lovely wife she is!” That should serve you as a warning that I cannot guarantee the outcome of your using these lines.
1. The classic: “How about a game of Scrabble?” A clue as to how she might react to this question is the size of her bag. Too small a bag clearly indicates that she’s not carrying even a portable Scrabble board—so bad news for you. Although you might be lucky and she may be one of those people who like to carry only the tiles with them and quiz themselves while on buses or trains.

2. The advanced level: “I bet I can anagrammatize your name.” If this doesn’t impress her, I don’t know what will.

3. Our favourite (courtesy of our friend, Troy): “Baby, can I rearrange your letters?”

Now, I’m sure you’re wondering how our Scrabble family came into existence. Well, here are the two versions:

Adrian: “I’m sure I impressed her with my brilliant conversation and with the fact that I hit myself on the head with a frying pan on our second date. Do not ask for details.”

Carmen: “He had long hair, muscles (in case you were still hoping that Scrabble is a magnet for girls, here’s some news for you: my husband was more into bodybuilding than Scrabble when we first met) and he could play the guitar. We still have the guitar (s) and he still writes lovely songs for me.”

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a really lovely girl I once met by the unusual name of Cassine. I didn't have the courage to tell her that not only is her name a valid Scrabble word, but she also has a NICE ASS.

    Proabably just as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek, I'm sure she would have been impressed by both :) Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek, she is one of the lucky ones!You can make two other bonuses form CASSINE: one is CASEINS(a milk protein) and the other is INCASES(to put in a case). About the donkey, I dunno what to say. I've never seen it!

    ReplyDelete